The rise in the popularity of Forskolin stems from acclamation from a well-known cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Oz. The supplement enjoyed widespread approbation after being described as a “miracle weight loss pill,” and “lightning in a bottle.”
If you’re looking to shed some weight and the claims are correct – Forskolin reduces weight, burns off the fat and make you feel a bit leaner and healthier, then you are probably keen to try this supplement out for yourself. But beware – not all Forskolin supplement brands are equal. So, how can you tell if you are buying a brand that is effective and paying a fair price for it?
Our Top Forskolin Brands
- Forskolin 250 (top pick)
- EBYSU Forskolin Extract
- Bio Schwartz
- California Products
- Forskolin Burn
Table of Contents
How to Choose the Best Brand of Forskolin
First off always read the label! There are numerous brands, and it’s worth doing a bit of research before taking the plunge and handing over your money. We suggest you check out the following:
How Potent is The Brand?
It’s important to select a brand that adheres to the recommended potency levels. Ideally, the Forskolin supplement should offer a minimum level of 10% concentration (and ideally 20%). Any less than 10% of the active ingredient means that the supplement won’t offer you much more than a placebo effect. Going for a supplement that has a too high a level of concentration is not recommended either.
What Claims Are Made?
Next, take into account what the brand says the supplement can do – if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
The internet is rife with chancers offering you “instant results,” so if the claims don’t ring true, check them out. Reputable brands carry out independent testing to verify results.
What Do People Think of the Brand?
It’s also wise to check out what people are saying about the brand – but if you want a balanced view, you need to look further than the product’s own website (understandably this will put forward a biased opinion). Look at various sites for an overview of how well the supplement performs.
Does the Company Offer A Guarantee?
A reputable company will offer a risk-free guarantee; this will give you peace of mind that the product is considered to be good quality and is being marketed in good faith as a useful supplement.
The Advantages & Benefits of Forskolin.
Forskolin has been heralded for its powers of healing and research indicates that it can provide those who take the supplement with a host of benefits.
We are aware of its links to preventing weight gain – a study by the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. suggests that Forskolin can suppress hunger. Forskolin is also believed to improve cognitive ability and focus, boost energy levels, guard against inflammation and cancer, reduce high blood pressure and the risk of asthma attacks, and decrease blood sugar levels. Add to this the fact that Forskolin is thought to help treat Glaucoma and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
How to Use Forskolin
A study carried out by the University of Kansas suggested the optimum dosage to be 500 mg of Forskolin per day (split into two doses – 250 mg of each).
However, you should always follow the recommended dosage stated on any medication or supplement you are taking. If you are unsure about anything, you should check with the company you have purchased the supplement from. If you have any concerns or experience any worrying side effects, don’t hesitate to seek medical advice.
For the best results, it’s recommended that Forskolin is taken approximately half an hour before you eat a meal.
Mornings are deemed good – as you will receive the bonus of an energy boost to start the day! It has also been suggested that Forskolin works well when taken alongside another supplement, such as Garcinia Cambogia (as this can increase its effectiveness).
Is Forskolin Safe?
Forskolin isn’t for everyone; if you are pregnant or nursing a newborn you should steer clear, similarly if you have diabetes, have a stomach ulcer or are on medication for your blood pressure then this supplement is not for you.
There have been two human trials involving Forskolin and studies indicate that the supplement can help to prevent weight gain. While there are no significant risks associated with taking the supplement, taking any medication comes with a chance of experiencing side-effects.
In terms of Forskolin, the following mild side effects have been reported by some: nausea, indigestion, increased heart rate, breathlessness, dizziness, fatigue and blurred sight. If you experience side effects when taking any medication or supplement, seek medical advice as soon as possible.
Where to Buy Forskolin?
There are numerous brands on the market, here we investigate five of the best sellers:
Top-Rated: Pure Forskolin 250 by Bauer Nutrition
• 500mg (20% concentrate)
• Designed to burn fat, boost metabolism and burn calories.
• Pure and powerful.
• Made from pure ingredients Pure Forskolin 250 by Bauer Nutrition packs a powerful punch.
• There are no chemicals, so you can concentrate on losing weight safely and naturally.
• The 60-day money back guarantee leaves us feeling confident about the effectiveness of this product – you can even try it risk-free.
• Manufactured by Wolfson Berg Limited, a trusted name in the health supplement industry.
• Reportedly helps cull those annoying cravings that make you reach for the cookie jar in moments of weakness!
• A good way to kick-start that fitness regime and see results quickly (which helps you to stay motivated and keep on track)!
• As with all supplements, you might experience mild side effects depending on how your body reacts.
EBYSU Forskolin Extract
• 500mg Max Strength
• Designed for weight loss & to suppress appetite.
• We like that EBYSU Forskolin extract only contains top-notch ingredients from accountable sources.
• There are no artificial ingredients, preservatives or nasty chemicals to worry about and the product is also gluten free and suitable for vegans.
• EBYSU work with medical industry leaders who are experts in their field, and all products are made in the USA – we do like a homegrown product!
• Products are reportedly tested carefully, which is always good to hear, I want to be sure any product I ingest is of top quality and safe to take.
• There’s a 100% money back guarantee which suggests EBYSU has faith in their supplement.
• Not the cheapest on the market.
Forskolin Extract by Bio Schwartz
• 500mg (20% extract).
• Fast acting formula.
• Described as an appetite suppressant, carb blocker, and metabolism booster.
• We like that BIO Schwartz Forskolin Extract is described as pure (no artificial ingredients).
• Designed to deliver permanent and prompt results.
• The pills aren’t too big so that you won’t have any trouble taking them.
• There’s a 100% satisfaction guarantee which indicates the company has confidence in their product.
• Results indicate that this product works well when taken with Garcinia Cambogia.
• Made in the USA and endorsed by TV doctors.
• One of the potential side effects listed is a gas (albeit temporarily while your body gets used to this supplement)!
Pure Forskolin Extract by California Products
• 20% concentration.
• Described as high-grade weight loss.
• As the name suggests – Pure Forskolin Extract by California Products is 100% pure, and ingredients are naturally sourced.
• We prefer easy to take capsules that are fast-absorbing, and these hit the mark.
• The 100% money back guarantee implies the company like their product and believe in the supplement.
• Results indicate that this product works really well when taken with Garcinia Cambogia.
• Produced in a hypoallergic facility within the USA (which follows strict FDA guidelines).
• The supplement gives the impression it can cause fast weight loss but it seems to function best as an appetite suppressant.
FORSKOLIN BURN 2.0 by HB&S Solutions
• Active Forskolin.
• Designed for weight loss and carb intercept.
• We like the fact that FORSKOLIN BURN 2.0 by HB&S Solutions has been third-party to tested to verify the purity of the capsules.
• A product that can curb your appetite, speed up metabolism and promote the breakdown of fat.
• HB&S Solutions specializes in the production of health and beauty supplements (giving us the impression they know what they are doing)!
• Goes well with Garcinia Cambogia to produce even better results.
• We couldn’t find any mention of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which is a shame as we would like to know we can be confident in a great product (or get out money back).
The five brands we have explored all have attributes that make them attractive to those of us who want to shed a few pounds.
We like that they offer the recommended dose of Forskolin (over 10% concentrate) and that they can help to curb those hunger pangs (it’s hard to resist sweet treats when you get the munchies). I
It’s difficult to pick an overall winner as the products all seem to have something to offer. We do like a product that comes from a tried and tested manufacturer though, and we will always look for pure ingredients.
With this in mind, our crown for the top forskolin brand goes to Pure Forskolin 250 by Bauer Nutrition – and you can try it risk-free for 60 days! What have you got to lose? Except some of that hard to shift weight that you want to get rid of before summer!