I have been using testosterone boosters myself for over 5 years now. I have had great success using these products. However, in the beginning, there was a lot of trial and error.
I decided to record my research and experiments so you and others can benefit from my obsession. That way, you won’t have to go through all the money and pain I went through to find a product that actually works and is 100% safe.
The 3 Best Testosterone Boosters
After testing many different products and thoroughly researching their ingredient formulas, I have come up with my top three below. These products are made up of natural ingredients and are completely safe.
I was going to list a whole top ten, but there is no point. These three cover all the options you could possibly need, and frankly, I don’t feel comfortable recommending anything else
Testogen is my top option and the best testosterone booster for muscle gain.
They recently updated the ingredients formula, which is now superior to anything else on the market. I recommend this for most guys looking to grow muscle, burn fat, and increase overall energy levels.
- Currently has the most complete formula on the market.
- Contains my four “must-have” ingredients. These are D-aspartic acid, Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Zinc. These four ingredients are recognized to significantly impact testosterone levels, and I wouldn’t buy a product that doesn’t have them.
- As far as I can tell, it has the most positive testimonials, and user results out of any of the products on the market. I found an abundance of positive reviews.
- Has lots of good reviews and results from other users online.
- All-natural ingredients formula making it safe to use.
- Cheaper than Prime Male or TestoFuel when bought in bulk.
- Can only order from their website.
Testogen has really put a lot of effort into updating its product, and it now has a fantastic ingredients formula, making it my new favorite testosterone booster.
2. Prime Male (Best Testosterone Booster for Men Over 50)
Prime Male is the best testosterone booster for men over 50 and their libido. Here are a few quick bullet points:
- Contains 12 ingredients that are all proven to boost testosterone levels.
- Contains my four “must-have” ingredients. These are D-aspartic acid, Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Zinc.
- Great user reviews
- Very transparent with its ingredients list and dosages – no scams here.
- Very well know and trusted brand in the greater marketplace.
- No reports of harmful side effects. Plus, the ingredients formula is incredibly safe, being all-natural.
- Personally tested by me and given two thumbs up. I noticed big jumps in my energy levels and libido.
- The only downside is that you can only buy Prime Male through their website, so no Amazon discounts. However, they will give you discounts on bulk purchases.
Prime Male is still best for older guys and sex drive. Get more on my results after using Prime Male, plus a whole ingredients analysis. Read my full Prime Male review.
TestoFuel is the best testosterone booster for bodybuilders.
- It has high amounts of d-aspartic acid, proven to help raise testosterone production. The higher dosages found in TestoFuel make this perfect for bodybuilders.
- Again, I found a lot of great reviews and results from users.
- Magnesium, Zinc, and Vitamin D are some of the best contributors to increased testosterone production and absorption.
- All natural ingredients formula and completely safe.
- Complete transparency with what is inside.
- It doesn’t have as complete an ingredients formula as Prime Male, making it geared towards muscle building but not so good for overall vitality.
- Can only buy from the official website.
TestoFuel has a proven formula for gaining muscle. However not as great for libido, energy, and overall vitality. Use this if you are only using test boosters as a bodybuilding supplement. Get an in-depth ingredients analysis.
Why I Started Using Testosterone Boosters
I was looking to regain the energy, focus, and drive of my early 20s, which I have been losing lately despite my increased effort to eat healthily and exercise regularly.
After looking online, I discovered this could be due to falling testosterone levels. Did you know that the average male’s testosterone levels drop by 1% a year after 30?
I’m not big on artificial treatments, and when I saw that there were natural alternatives, I jumped at the opportunity. At the very least, I figured that taking natural supplements couldn’t hurt and might actually help. I was pretty willing to give these natural supplements a chance.
How I Chose The Top Testosterone Booster for Me
After doing pretty thorough research by reading a lot of studies in scientific journals, I developed a complete list of which micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) and other natural ingredients were scientifically proven to boost testosterone levels.
I compared each product on the market against my research into naturally occurring testosterone boosters (mostly micro-nutrients such as vitamins and minerals). My findings were actually quite alarming.
I discovered that most natural testosterone-boosting products on the market are scams. Essentially some arbitrary herbs and vitamins are put together without any scientific evidence to back them up.
The good news is I discovered that there are a few really good products on the market. You just have to sort through all the junk to get to them.
I began wondering how many people were wasting their money (and potentially risking their health) on these snake oil test boosters, and so that’s why I put together this site – to share my findings with others so that we can all get the results we want by using the best testosterone booster for our needs.
Who Should Use Test Boosters?
If you are a male over thirty and have noticed any of the following symptoms – weight gain, lethargy, falling energy levels, low sex drive, or all of the above you probably have falling testosterone levels. If you are looking for a reversal of these symptoms and are over 30, you should consider taking test boosters.
If you are in your mid-20s or younger and experiencing these symptoms, you might have something else. Go and see your doctor.
Now, let’s get deeper into what to look for in a high-quality testosterone booster so that we can avoid the duds and choose a product that will actually raise our testosterone levels safely.
The 5 Most Important Factors to Look For in a Good Test Booster
- An Effective Ingredients Formula
As I mentioned above, I did some pretty thorough research into which ingredients have been clinically proven to increase testosterone levels. Based on this understanding, I wanted to determine which products used scientifically proven ingredients and which didn’t. Based on all my research, I could very easily and accurately rank the best testosterone boosters on the market in terms of effectiveness.
- Are the Ingredients Safe?
While doing my research, one thing I was worried about right from the beginning was the side effects and how safe testosterone boosters are. After thoroughly researching the most common ingredients and most of the test boosters that currently exist, I am happy to report that very few on the market are unsafe. These supplements, by their very nature, use only natural ingredients and can’t cause any natural side effects. There are generally no synthetic ingredients in most of the products currently on the market. However, a quick word of warning, I would stay away from any product that uses a “proprietary blend” and does not disclose its full ingredients list along with the exact dosages of each ingredient. This brings me to my next point…
- Must Disclose Exact Ingredients Along With Dosages
I am very suspicious of any products that create their own blend of ingredients and do not disclose exactly what those ingredients are and in what dosages they occur. Unfortunately, a few of these products are out there, and I would stay away from them. It seems weird and dodgy to me that they would not disclose all the information about their product.
- Plenty of Good Reviews and User Results
I wanted to use a testosterone booster where I could see other people’s proof of results and before and after pics. Ingredients are the most crucial factor, but it also made sense to me that other people would have some things to say based on their experiences. I wanted a product with many reviews and user results that couldn’t be faked.
- Been Around for a While and Well Trusted
I guess this ties into the point above, but I wanted to use a well-respected, well-known product with a solid and trustworthy brand. No fad products come and go, but something solid that had stood the test of time.
The Four ‘Must Have’ Ingredients
I would not buy a product that does not contain one of the following ingredients:
- D-aspartic Acid (DAA): specifically targets sex hormone production, including testosterone production. This is probably my number one most crucial ingredient.
- Vitamin D: a natural but effective enhancer of testosterone production. Vitamin D is known as the “sunshine vitamin” because it is obtained through exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D is an essential component in the production of testosterone. Many men today have a deficiency in this vitamin due to working indoors, which can be a significant cause of low testosterone levels.
- Zinc: commonly found in the oyster extract, zinc has been scientifically proven to increase levels of free-range testosterone.
- Magnesium: proven to increase rates of testosterone synthesis. That means it helps your body absorb and utilize more of the testosterone it produces.
Important: If you see any ingredients you do not recognize – research them thoroughly to ensure they are safe.
What Did I Learn From My Research?
I discovered that there is a real mixture of products on the market, some are straight-up scams, while others are legit and use ingredients that have been clinically proven to boost testosterone levels and are 100% safe and natural. So make sure that you read all of my research thoroughly to understand what to look for in a product and whether you should even use test boosters in the first place. Also, check out my recommendations on the best testosterone booster on the market.
It can also help to consult a doctor and do some research of your own, the more thorough you are, the better your decision will be.
How Do Test Boosters Work?
They target specific cells in the testes which produce HGH (growth hormones), specifically testosterone. Boosters give these cells the fuel to produce testosterone at higher levels. This means that the body will naturally produce more testosterone, contributing to muscle growth and development.
Why Use Natural Testosterone Supplements?
There are several reasons you might want to use testosterone boosters.
Testosterone boosters work by helping the body to produce and release higher levels of testosterone. Higher testosterone levels will help you by giving you more muscle growth, faster gains, faster recovery times, and more energy to push through your workouts.
- Testosterone increases the rate of protein synthesis (the rate at which the body absorbs and uses protein). This allows the body to absorb and use more protein faster, increasing fat-free muscle mass.
- Testosterone limits the effects of Cortisol on the body. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone, which means it breaks down muscle mass. The higher your testosterone levels, the less damage cortisol will do to your muscles.
- As you probably know, the idea behind working out is to cause small tears in our muscles so that the muscle fibers grow back stronger and bigger. Testosterone is the key to this whole regenerative process. The higher your testosterone levels, the quicker your muscles regenerate, allowing you to recover faster between workouts.
- Higher testosterone levels cause boosts in energy levels. This will allow you to have more productive workouts and push yourself harder for longer.
- Testosterone increases growth hormone levels. This hormone also increases the rate of protein synthesis, maximizing your gains and promoting muscle growth.
- The combination of testosterone and growth hormones is a killer – and allows you to make big gains in muscle size and strength. In addition, it enables a much quicker post-workout recovery.
Natural and Healthy
Most testosterone boosters have all-natural ingredients, very few side effects, and help the body to organically produce and release more testosterone. This is opposed to steroids, which provide an injection of synthetic testosterone into the body. There are huge risks attached to synthetic testosterone, with many users reporting intense side effects, including long-term damage to internal organs.
By promoting growth hormones and protein synthesis, increasing testosterone levels will give you the added benefit of fat loss – especially in the stomach area.
One great side effect of testosterone is that it will generally improve your mood. This makes it easier to stay motivated and focused on your goals.
Increased Sex Drive and Libido
Increases in testosterone levels have been linked to increases in sex drive and libido. Some people use testosterone boosters to last longer or simply revitalize their sex drive.
Summary: What Can I Use T-Boosters For?
- Body Building and Muscle Development
- Increasing energy levels
- Increasing sexual libido – improving sex life and drive
- Reducing body fat
- Improving your mood and focus
If you suffer from low testosterone levels, testosterone boosters are one option available to you. However, in this case, you should consult a doctor first.
Safety and Side Effects?
Testosterone boosters are actually specifically designed to avoid side effects. They are made up of all-natural ingredients for this very reason, you do not harm your body. They are much safer than steroids, replacement therapy, or other alternatives. However, it is important to read the following to make sure you fully understand even the slightest risks.
Overall the reports of side effects were few – in less than 5% of users and only in low-quality products. You should try a product first, and if you experience any side effects, stop immediately. Of course, if in doubt, consult your doctor first. Here are the most common side effects that appear in that 5%:
- Aggressive behavior and mood swings (due to extremely high testosterone levels – if you take the recommended dosage, you should be fine).
- Acne outbreaks (naturally, the increases in hormone production will increase the chance of acne appearing)
- Headaches (few but some users reported headaches – drinking more fluids to dilute the body is advised, which may help).
It should be noted that a good testosterone booster is not going to cause you any side effects. These cases are generally from the lower quality products on the market. Neither Testogen nor Prime Male has caused me any side effects, nor have I found reports of it causing side effects for anyone else.
Other Testosterone Booster Reviews:
Weider Prime Review | TestroVax Review | Nugenix Review | Anafuse Review
Ubertest Review | Review of Testrx | Mdrive classic Review | Elite Test 360 Review
Evl Test Review | Finaflex Mass 550 Review | Force Factor Alpha King Review |
Forzaone 1xd Review | Testro-X Review | Masculon Forte Review | Nolvadren XT |
P6 Ripped | Spartagen XT | SuperMale Vitality | TestoBoost Pro | Testo-Set | Testo-Max | TestoLab Pro | TestoTek