Whether you’re a vegan, a paleo dieter, or a hardcore meat eater, everyone can agree that the digestive system can be a beast at times. Left to its own devices, the system can quickly turn our insides into a disgusting, slimy mess.
As a result, many people have turned to alternative methods to help ease some of the system’s stress. One of the most commonly used methods is called Chinese herbology.
This system focuses on various techniques that help the body heal and detoxify. One of the most popular techniques is called “cupping.”
In this article, we’ll be exploring what cupping is, why people do it, and how you can give it a try on your own.
What is Cupping?
Cupping is a therapy that is similar to acupuncture. However, in contrast to using needles, this method exclusively involves using cups. Cuspid cups are usually made out of glass and are usually clear or lightly tinted, so you can monitor what’s going on inside during treatment.
At health clinics, each cup has two horseshoe-shaped indentations on them. These indentations are designed differently on every cup so patients can personalize their experience to their liking, as natural medicines often do.
The effect of cupping varies greatly from person to person, but they almost always indicate that a deeper cleansing or healing is taking place.
Cupping for Digestion
The ancient Chinese used cupping therapy to help heal their digestive systems. It’s thought that the dyes used in the cups stimulate a healing response in the digestive system.
Ancient Chinese medicine also used cupping to help with pain relief. Since suction causes blood to rush to the area, it can help relieve pain.
Several studies have focused on cupping’s ability to clean blood. When done properly, cupping is thought to help remove toxins from the blood and lymph nodes, usually tagged as waste products that build up in the system. Cupping also helps flush out that waste perfectly.
Why Do People Use Cupping?
There are a variety of reasons why people choose to use cupping therapy. Some use it to support detoxification, while others use it as pain relief.
Let’s take a look at each of these reasons.
- Detoxification – Many people use cupping to help them get rid of toxins in their bodies. It’s thought that the cups draw toxins from the body, which are then released through the pores.
- Pain Relief – While cupping is often used to support detoxification, it can also help with pain relief. When done properly, suction can help relieve pain.
- Muscle Repair – Cupping can also help repair muscles. When done correctly, it can stimulate the blood flow to the area, which can help with muscle repair.
- Digestive Health – Another reason why people use cupping is for digestive health. Some cups contain herbs and spices that are thought to improve digestion.
- Oral Hygiene – Finally, cupping can also be used for oral hygiene. Some cups can be used to clean your teeth and remove plaque.
Related: How long water takes to digest
How to Do Cupping Therapy
There are a few different ways that cupping therapy can be done. First off, cups can be made out of a range of materials. The most common cups are made of glass, the safest material.
Other materials include plastic, bamboo, and even fabric.
The second thing that you’ll need is a cupping set. This set usually contains several cups, needles, cotton balls, and gauze. The most common set consists of six cups, one needle, and two cotton balls.
- Cleanse – The first thing that you’ll need to do is cleanse your body before cupping. This will help the cups work their magic.
- Choose the Cups – The next step is to select the cups you want to use. Each cup has a different purpose, so it’s important to choose the right one for the job.
- Prep the Area – After choosing the cups, the next thing that you need to do is prep the area. This can be done by cleaning the area with the cotton ball, applying an alcohol swab, or using an iodine swab.
- Prepare the Cups – Once the area is prepped, you can add the herbs or spices to the cups. This will then be used to prepare the cups for the cupping.
- Apply the Cups – After the cups have been prepared and filed, you can choose to apply them to the area. The best way to do this is to place the cups on the skin, starting at the top of the head, and moving down the body.
- Repeat – The final step you’ll need to follow is to repeat the process. This will help the cups work their magic by drawing out the toxins from your body.
Cupping for Weight Loss
Suppose you’re looking for an easy way to support your body while detoxifying; cupping is a great solution. The cups are thought to clear toxins from the body by removing waste through urination.
As your system becomes less toxic, you’ll notice that your appetite will decrease. This will lead to a loss in excess fat and improve your digestion. This can be a great way to support your weight loss goals.
Cupping for Muscle Gain
If you want to add some muscle to your body, cupping can be a great addition to your routine. As mentioned before, the cups help clear toxins from your body by removing waste through urination. This will leave you feeling less bloated while also providing you with a boost of energy.
You can perform cupping sessions 2-3 times a week, depending on your goals. You can perform these sessions in the morning or the evening after eating a meal.
You can also perform these sessions for around 15-20 minutes, 2-3 times a week. This can be done on your own at home, or you can book a session with a practitioner.
Can Cupping Help with Weight Loss?
Yes, cupping can help with weight loss if you’re looking for a natural way to support your body. It can also help to improve your digestive system, which is great for anyone who’s trying to lose weight.
Can I Perform Cupping Sessions at Home?
You can perform cupping sessions at home if you want to do it independently. However, it’s best to check with a practitioner before trying this at home. This is because some practitioners may not be able to offer cupping services at home.
If you’re looking for a natural way to support your digestion, there are few better options than cupping. The cups are thought to stimulate the flow of digestive juices, which will then help to heal your system. For muscle gain, cupping can remove toxins from the body and increase muscle density. Cupping can increase muscle density and support muscle repair.
For weight loss, cupping can help increase your metabolism and reduce your appetite.