When looking for effective testosterone boosters, you’re in for a world of anxiety unless you know exactly what you are looking for. Not surprisingly, there are hundreds of testosterone boosters available on supplement store shelves or online, which can add a further degree of confusion when seeking out the best one to support your goals.
Two extremely popular testosterone boosters that you are likely to come across mentioned multiple times on the Internet are Prime Male and Testotek. It is important to realize that not all testosterone boosters are created the same, even though they might share similarities in the way they help to increase the levels of this hormone.
Let’s do a comparison of these two well-known brands and see which better suits your needs.
TestoTek vs Prime Male Comparison at a Glance
Ingredients formula is very well suited to men over the age of 30 who are looking for an overall vitality product. This will help you gain more energy in your day-to-day life, increase your libido and will assist in lean muscle development and weight loss when combined with a good diet and exercise. It will help your body to produce more testosterone naturally.
Better suited to those who are only interested in building muscle and shredding fat. Although it will help with libido and energy to an extent, you are better off going with Prime Male if you want something that will be an all-around vitality product.
Right off of the bat, you should envision what you expect a testosterone booster to do for you. Are you looking for muscle, increased libido, or just generalized improvements to masculine health? Not all supplements are best suited to do everything, so let’s check out what is different about Prime Male and Testotek.
Prime Male’s ideal customer consists of men that are typically over the age of 30, who stand to benefit most significantly from consumption of the supplement. It is well known that men over the age of 30 experience declines to their testosterone levels in the vicinity of 1% per year, meaning that it is very common to experience symptoms indicative of low testosterone in your 30s.
Younger men also use Prime Male to achieve enhanced muscle mass accrual, but it is not best suited for this purpose.
Even though Testotek does not necessarily claim to be a specific muscle building testosterone booster, a quick look around their official website clearly indicates that they are trying to appeal to men desirous of achieving muscular physiques. Testimonials from men on their website, along with the general graphic representation feature lean, ripped men everywhere, which is exactly what you are looking for if trying to achieve the same.
This would make it especially attractive to younger men with naturally high testosterone levels who may be looking for that slight competitive edge to take their bodies to the next level.
Related: CentraPeak vs Prime Male
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses Of Prime Male
- Increased energy – the inability to work out as hard as you once used to, or how easily you fatigue strongly correlates to low testosterone levels. This is especially true if you’ve slept very well the previous night, only to feel groggy at 10 AM in the morning. Prime Male can help to offset the lack of energy helping you effectively cope with the day’s stresses.
- Increased sex drive – a diminished interest in sex is another telltale sign of low testosterone, as men with the highest levels are seen as most virile and always wanting to satisfy their urge for procreation. Prime Male claims to help increase libido, so don’t be surprised if you’re going at it like a rabbit a short while after starting consumption!
- Fat loss – higher testosterone levels correlate to lower body fat, as this androgen supports muscle protein synthesis. It is well known that men with higher amounts of muscle mass are leaner, as a greater number of calories are burnt throughout the course of the day.
- An overall improved sense of well-being – men with normal to high normal testosterone values for age are typically less prone to developing depressive illness and display greater satisfaction with their quality of life.
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses Of Testotek
- Improves motivation and drive – Testotek can help improve your ability to get things done since it contains an ingredient that has been shown to raise levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain. Dopamine regulates our brain’s reward pathway so that we actively seek out things that are deemed pleasurable or challenging.
- Enhanced libido – Testotek will also help increase sex drive, just as Prime Male would, but may also do it at the rate slightly better due to the presence of unique ingredients.
- Muscle growth – helps support accrual of lean muscle mass, and can also reduce the impact of the catabolic hormone cortisol on muscles.
Prime Male is well tolerated by the majority of users, owing to the presence of multiple natural ingredients that for the most part have been scientifically studied at one point or another.
Occasional side effects that occur may include nausea, but this is very common in general with supplements that contain the ingredient D-Aspartic Acid.
Also shares a nearly impeccable safety profile, very few instances of adverse effects have been reported from consumption of the supplement. Transient nausea is also a possibility due to the presence of D-Aspartic Acid, but gynecomastia has also been reported in a small number of men owing to the ingredient fenugreek which possesses estrogen and prolactin-like properties.
Related: TestoFuel vs TestoTek
Differences In Ingredient Profile
Prime Male and Testotek have a few similar ingredients, differing only in the dose included or how the ingredient is bound (such as to a specific salt or ester), but they each have unique ingredients as well, not found in the other.
Core Ingredients Found In Both Include:
- D-Aspartic Acid
- Mucuna Pruriens
- Vitamin D3
- Nettle Root Extract
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B6
Overall, the core ingredient profile is evenly balanced between the two supplements. For instance, while Testotek contains Mucuna Pruriens standardized for a greater amount of L-Dopa, Prime Male contains more Vitamin D3.
Unique Ingredients In Prime Male:
Unique Ingredients In Testotek
- Oyster Extract
- Vitamin B2
- Pantothenic Acid
In-Depth Ingredients Comparison:
Here is a list of all the ingredients and dosages for each booster. I will start with the most important ingredients and work my way down.
D-aspartic Acid: This is one of my top ingredients and must be in a test booster for me to even consider buying it. Studies have proven it’s ability to boost testosterone levels time and time again. In one study, men who took a daily dose of DAA experienced a 42% increase in testosterone levels after only 12 days. It is especially useful for those who are looking to gain some lean muscle mass.
Prime Male contains 1,600 mg of D-aspartic acid. TestoTek contains 2,000mg. This higher level in TestoTek is the main reason why I recommend it to those looking to gain more muscle mass and for cutting.
Vitamin D3: Another essential ingredients for boosting testosterone levels. Vitamin D3 is commonly deficient among men who work indoors. The Journal of Endocrinology and other studies have linked low testosterone levels and Vitamin D deficiencies together. You need to have sufficient Vit D levels to produce healthy amounts of testosterone.
Prime Male contains 5000 IU of Vitamin D. Testotek contains 2000 IU. Prime Male contains far superior amounts of Vitamin D. This is great if you have falling testosterone levels as the Vitamin D will help maintain healthy testosterone production.
Zinc: This is another powerful ingredient. In one study zinc supplementation doubled testosterone levels in men who were slightly zinc deficient. In another study Zinc supplementation increased free testosterone levels by 33.5% in only two months. There is an obvious link between zinc supplementation and testosterone.
Prime Male contains 30 mg of Zinc while TestoTek contains 25 mg. These are fairly similar dosage levels with Prime Male having a slight edge.
Magnesium: This is another ingredient that is very effective in boosting testosterone levels. This is where Prime Male has a massive advantage – it contains 100mg of Magnesium. While TestoTEK contains no Magnesium whatsoever. This is a big point in Prime Male’s favor.
Boron: In one study a group of men experienced an increase in free testosterone levels of 28% and a decrease in estrogen levels of 39% from taking 10mg of Boron per day. This ingredient in only found in Prime Male.
Ginseng:Testo Tek contains 50 mg of Siberian ginseng and Prime Male contains 120 mg of Korean red ginseng. Both these varieties have been proven to help libido and energy levels. Because of its greater dosage – Prime Male has the edge on this one.
Luteolin: This flavonoid is commonly found in citrus. It suppresses the production of estrogen in the body and stimulates androgens to make more testosterone. It is only contained in Prime Male.
Mucuna Pruriens:This seed extract has been proven to reduce cortisol which is a hormone released by stress. Cortisol inhibits testosterone production, meaning every time you get stressed you are actually destroying your bodies ability to manufacture testosterone. What’s more Mucuna contains L-dopa which is an amino acid that has been proven to increase testosterone production. Prime Male contains 300mg of Mucuna while Testotek has only 175mg.
Nettle Root Extract: This ingredients plays an interesting role. It contains Lignans which bind to a protein called the sex hormone binding globulin. Usually testosterone will do this job – however because the lignans are doing it this frees up more testosterone for your body to use. So although it doesn’t directly increase the production of testosterone it does make more testosterone available for bodily functions.
Prime Male contains 160 mg of Nettle Root. While TestoTEK contains 100 mg.
Vitamin B6: This vitamin stimulates androgen receptors which tell your testes to start pumping out testosterone. It also enhances the absorption of magnesium and zinc which makes it a great compliment in any test booster. Prime Male contains 7.5 mg of the P-5-P form of B6 while Testotek contains 50 mg of the Pyridoxine HCI form. Both these types will do the trick although the P-5-P form is more concentrated so is only needed in smaller amounts.
Vitamin K2: This enhances the impact of Vitamin D and has also been proven to enhance testosterone production by increasing the activity of specific enzymes in the testes. Prime Male contains 45 mcg and TestoTEK contains 50 mcg.
Fenugreek: This herb contains saponins which increase sex hormones including androgens. This is a great ingredient for increasing libido however is not essential. TestoTEK contains 75mg of Fenugreek while Prime Male does not include it at all.
Oyster Extract: TestoTek is the only one to include this ingredient. Oyster extract contains zinc so takes the zinc content of TestoTek up to a better level.
Based on these ingredients, I would have to say that Prime male is better as an all around testosterone booster and vitality complex for men over 30. While TestoTEK is better if you want to get ripped and build muscle (mostly due to the higher amounts of d-aspartic acid).
Pros And Cons
- The brand is well known and is well respected
- Offers money back guarantee
- Well-rounded formulation to help cover as many bases as possible
- Very pill heavy- requires 4 daily. Compliance can become troublesome
- Not cheap. It can be considered one of the more expensive testosterone booster supplements on the market, even though it does its job exceptionally well.
- Not fast acting. Even though D-aspartic acid is established to increase testosterone levels fast, you still need to use it for 90 days before coming to a positive conclusion if it works for you or not (and to qualify for a refund).
- Offers a 30-day risk-free money back guarantee
- The product is made in FDA approved facility to ensure purity
- Will significantly improve energy levels and overall drive
- Comparable to Prime Male, but you can save a bit by opting for a subscription
- Pill heavy. Also requires you to consume 4 pills daily
- The brand is not as well-known as Prime Male or other testosterone boosting supplements.
Related: TestoGen vs TestoTek
Testimonials and Results
I personally take Prime Male and have had great results from it. I had big increases in energy levels and libido which I noticed straight away. I was also able to push myself harder at the gym and have definitely developed some more muscle since I started using it. However, this is also because I combined it with a strict gym regime.
Summary – Which Test Booster Should You Use?
Both of these products are great and effective. One is certainly not better than another. Rather they fulfill different needs and functions.
Prime Male is best for guys over 30 looking to offset the impact of falling testosterone levels. It will increase libido and energy levels as well as assisting with weight loss and lean muscle gain.
TestoTEK is best if you are looking for a testosterone booster that will help you with your workouts and give you big increases in muscle mass and help you with cutting.
The Verdict- My Recommendation
Overall, choosing the best one depends on what your goals are. For instance, if you are concerned with your general health and well-being as you age, Prime Male wins here owing to its very balanced formula. You will see improvements to all aspects of your health.
If, however, you are more looking for a testosterone booster that can give you more energy and drive, translating to more efficient workouts, Testotek takes the category. It contains loads of B-vitamins which are involved in energy production and a higher standardized extract of Mucuna Pruriens which equates to more L-Dopa.
Price wise, they are both not for the faint of heart. Be prepares to fork out some cheddar. They are equally pill heavy, but Prime Male offers a longer money back period to give you peace of mind.
Analyze your goals, and choose the best to suit your needs.