When looking for effective testosterone boosters, you’re in for a world of anxiety unless you know exactly what you are looking for. Not surprisingly, there are hundreds of testosterone boosters available on supplement store shelves or online, which can add a further degree of confusion when seeking out the best one to support your goals.
Two extremely popular testosterone boosters that you are likely to come across mentioned multiple times on the Internet are Prime Male and Testotek. It is important to realize that not all testosterone boosters are created the same, even though they might share similarities in the way they help to increase the levels of this hormone.
Let’s do a comparison of these two well-known brands and see which better suits your needs.
Right off of the bat, you should envision what you expect a testosterone booster to do for you. Are you looking for muscle, increased libido, or just generalized improvements to masculine health? Not all supplements are best suited to do everything, so let’s check out what is different about Prime Male and Testotek.
Prime Male’s ideal customer consists of men that are typically over the age of 30, who stand to benefit most significantly from consumption of the supplement. It is well known that men over the age of 30 experience declines to their testosterone levels in the vicinity of 1% per year, meaning that it is very common to experience symptoms indicative of low testosterone in your 30s.
Younger men also use Prime Male to achieve enhanced muscle mass accrual, but it is not best suited for this purpose.
Even though Testotek does not necessarily claim to be a specific muscle building testosterone booster, a quick look around their official website clearly indicates that they are trying to appeal to men desirous of achieving muscular physiques. Testimonials from men on their website, along with the general graphic representation feature lean, ripped men everywhere, which is exactly what you are looking for if trying to achieve the same.
This would make it especially attractive to younger men with naturally high testosterone levels who may be looking for that slight competitive edge to take their bodies to the next level.
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses Of Prime Male
- Increased energy – the inability to work out as hard as you once used to, or how easily you fatigue strongly correlates to low testosterone levels. This is especially true if you’ve slept very well the previous night, only to feel groggy at 10 AM in the morning. Prime Male can help to offset the lack of energy helping you effectively cope with the day’s stresses.
- Increased sex drive – a diminished interest in sex is another telltale sign of low testosterone, as men with the highest levels are seen as most virile and always wanting to satisfy their urge for procreation. Prime Male claims to help increase libido, so don’t be surprised if you’re going at it like a rabbit a short while after starting consumption!
- Fat loss – higher testosterone levels correlate to lower body fat, as this androgen supports muscle protein synthesis. It is well known that men with higher amounts of muscle mass are leaner, as a greater number of calories are burnt throughout the course of the day.
- An overall improved sense of well-being – men with normal to high normal testosterone values for age are typically less prone to developing depressive illness and display greater satisfaction with their quality of life.
Primary Benefits/Intended Uses Of Testotek
- Improves motivation and drive – Testotek can help improve your ability to get things done since it contains an ingredient that has been shown to raise levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain. Dopamine regulates our brain’s reward pathway so that we actively seek out things that are deemed pleasurable or challenging.
- Enhanced libido – Testotek will also help increase sex drive, just as Prime Male would, but may also do it at the rate slightly better due to the presence of unique ingredients.
- Muscle growth – helps support accrual of lean muscle mass, and can also reduce the impact of the catabolic hormone cortisol on muscles.
Prime Male is well tolerated by the majority of users, owing to the presence of multiple natural ingredients that for the most part have been scientifically studied at one point or another.
Occasional side effects that occur may include nausea, but this is very common in general with supplements that contain the ingredient D-Aspartic Acid.
Also shares a nearly impeccable safety profile, very few instances of adverse effects have been reported from consumption of the supplement. Transient nausea is also a possibility due to the presence of D-Aspartic Acid, but gynecomastia has also been reported in a small number of men owing to the ingredient fenugreek which possesses estrogen and prolactin-like properties.
Differences In Ingredient Profile
Prime Male and Testotek have a few similar ingredients, differing only in the dose included or how the ingredient is bound (such as to a specific salt or ester), but they each have unique ingredients as well, not found in the other.
Core Ingredients Found In Both Include:
- D-Aspartic Acid
- Mucuna Pruriens
- Vitamin D3
- Nettle Root Extract
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B6
Overall, the core ingredient profile is evenly balanced between the two supplements. For instance, while Testotek contains Mucuna Pruriens standardized for a greater amount of L-Dopa, Prime Male contains more Vitamin D3.
Unique Ingredients In Prime Male:
Unique Ingredients In Testotek
- Oyster Extract
- Vitamin B2
- Pantothenic Acid
Pros And Cons
- The brand is well known and is well respected
- Offers money back guarantee
- Well-rounded formulation to help cover as many bases as possible
- Very pill heavy- requires 4 daily. Compliance can become troublesome
- Not cheap. It can be considered one of the more expensive testosterone booster supplements on the market, even though it does its job exceptionally well.
- Not fast acting. Even though D-aspartic acid is established to increase testosterone levels fast, you still need to use it for 90 days before coming to a positive conclusion if it works for you or not (and to qualify for a refund).
- Offers a 30-day risk-free money back guarantee
- The product is made in FDA approved facility to ensure purity
- Will significantly improve energy levels and overall drive
- Comparable to Prime Male, but you can save a bit by opting for a subscription
- Pill heavy. Also requires you to consume 4 pills daily
- The brand is not as well-known as Prime Male or other testosterone boosting supplements.
The Verdict- My Recommendation
Overall, choosing the best one depends on what your goals are. For instance, if you are concerned with your general health and well-being as you age, Prime Male wins here owing to its very balanced formula. You will see improvements to all aspects of your health.
If, however, you are more looking for a testosterone booster that can give you more energy and drive, translating to more efficient workouts, Testotek takes the category. It contains loads of B-vitamins which are involved in energy production and a higher standardized extract of Mucuna Pruriens which equates to more L-Dopa.
Price wise, they are both not for the faint of heart. Be prepares to fork out some cheddar. They are equally pill heavy, but Prime Male offers a longer money back period to give you peace of mind.
Analyze your goals, and choose the best to suit your needs.