When using a fat-burning supplement, you must pick one that is safe and efficient. There are many different options on the market, but that doesn’t mean they are going to be right for every person. It’s always best to do some research so you have a better understanding of each supplement.
This post is going to be focused on two of the most common on the market, Skald and Hydroxycut. Most people will recognize the names of these supplements, but do you really know what they do?
What Is Skald?
Skald Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher, also known as Skald, is a supplement that uses many natural ingredients to help people burn fat. Some components used here are caffeine anhydrous, green tea extract, and black pepper fruit, but there will be more information on the ingredients further down in the post.
Since there is a lot of caffeine in these supplements, your mood and your metabolic speed will be boosted, too; plus it is touted to help improve your performance and physical endurance when you do your workouts.
Thousands of people are raving about this product online, but we think it’s best to compare Skald to Hydroxycut for you to know which is better for you.
Related: Skald vs PhenQ
What Is Hydroxycut?
Hydroxycut might sound familiar to you, especially if you watched a lot of TV in the early 2000s. It is a popular weight loss supplement with a collection of drink mixes, capsules, and gummies. However, each form has a different name, formula, and presentation.
The most notable ingredient in this product is green coffee bean extract. According to some reviews, this element has only been tested on rats, though it is shown to help people lose weight. However, it is important to note that scientific studies on humans have not been done.
Even though Hydroxycut has been around for decades, there have always been mixed reviews on the product, which is why you should be cautious before purchasing it.
Who Should Use Each Product?
Both women and men can use Skald and Hydroxycut, and Hydroxycut has a product specifically for women. It is called Hydroxycut Max and contains iron, folic acid, biotin, and other nutrients that the company believes will help women. Many of the additional ingredients in this formula help with an iron deficiency, too. Also, folic acid and biotin are excellent for women who want to keep their hair, skin, and nails looking healthy.
There is only one common ingredient found in both Skald and Hydroxycut – it’s caffeine.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: In each scoop of Skald, there is 200mg of caffeine. This amount of caffeine will help people get through their workout and a day at work, plus it helps to kickstart your lipolytic system.
- Coffee Extract: The main ingredient in Hydroxycut is caffeine as well. Two capsules have 204mg of caffeine, and the recommended serving is four capsules a day. Caffeine has been trialed and tested to show that it will help increase your metabolism and enhance fat burning.
Unique Ingredients in Skald
Below are the unique ingredients found within Skald.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: Many OTC dietary supplements have this ingredient. Tyrosine is excellent for helping you boost your dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine levels. Also, this component stimulates neurotransmitters in your body, which will help your metabolic rate.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: There are many useful properties when it comes to green tea, which is why it is no surprise that it has made its way into Skald. Green tea is known for helping the heart, and research supports this.
- Bitter Orange Fruit Extract: This ingredient helps your body burn fat as fuel as it helps to start a process called lipolysis.
- White Willow Bark: White willow bark is a natural pain reliever, and if you are working out a lot, you might be a bit achy.
- Theobromine:Similar to caffeine, this ingredient helps to boost your mood and energy levels. It can also help with breathing problems and inflammation.
- Mullein Leaf Powder: This common weed has been used for many years to help with coughing and tuberculosis. That is why it is believed to help you breathe better while working out.
Unique Ingredients in Hydroxycut
- Robusta Coffee Extract: This is a non-stimulant coffee that comes from green coffee beans. These beans are not roasted, so there is very little caffeine inside.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Another popular ingredient in weight loss supplements is apple cider vinegar. There is not enough research to support the use of apple cider vinegar in weight loss, however.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is a part of the ginger family. One study on women and one on rats gives some evidence supporting the claims that it will help with weight reduction.
- Plums: Plums are fiber-rich fruit, but no research has been done to say whether they will help with weight loss. It is an excellent way to up your fiber intake, which might help you curb your appetite, but that is the only conclusion that can be made. Also, the plum added into the product is likely not a high enough concentration to make any difference to your fiber count.
- Baobab Extract: Baobab is a fruit, and it is high in fiber. Since it is perfect for your fiber count, you may feel full, which means you will be less likely to eat anything else. However, there is not enough of it in the product to make much of a difference.
Potential Side Effects and Safety Issues
Skald has released a list of common side effects that you should be aware of when using this product:
- Stomach aches
Many of these side effects occur because of the high dosage of caffeine. However, women tend to fair better with their caffeine tolerance than men. You must also ensure only to take the recommended dosage of these products.
When it comes to Hydroxycut, the water gets a bit murky. Not much research shows it works as manufacturers claim, and users report that they have experienced side effects when taking these supplements. Some of these include:
One reason for these side effects is the heavy amount of caffeine used in the product. The FDA has said that when people have too much caffeine, they also risk heart arrhythmias, seizures, and even death.
It is also important to remember that Hydroxycut has a checkered past because several previous formulas have been linked to fatalities and liver failure. There were a number of recalls, too, because of the adverse side effects that people were experiencing when taking the different formulations of Hydroxycut.
Even though people are hoping this isn’t the case anymore, there are still cases of people suffering from liver issues, narrow blood vessels in the brain, and ulcerative colitis due to taking Hydroxycut.
Pros and Cons of Each
- Your energy levels will increase.
- Acceleration of weight loss will occur
- Your appetite can begin to regulate.
- Your respiratory system may improve.
- You can purchase it online only.
- Only people in the United States can buy it.
- If you have cardiac problems, you should avoid this product.
- The multiple forms of the product are helpful.
- It is sugar-free and is less than five calories.
- There is a caffeine-free version.
- The FDA has not evaluated the company’s claims about the product.
- There are more reported side effects than in similar supplements, like Skald.
- The checkered past may be a red flag for those wanting to try it out.
Pricing and Offers
You can purchase Skald for a one-time price of $49.99, but you can sign up for a subscription, meaning it will ship regularly. If you buy the subscription deal, you will save 10% and receive free shipping, bringing your total out to $44.99 per order.
Hydroxycut is more affordable to purchase at $19.99. The company also offers frequent sales like the buy two and get one free sale, which you can usually find every couple of months.
Final Verdict – Which Is Better?
When deciding whether Skald or Hydroxycut is better, we would select Skald. There are a lot of ingredients in the capsules that have research supporting effectiveness, and the manufacturer does not have a checkered past regarding recalls.
Hydroxycut may have been around for longer, but the fact that there have been so many previous problems with the formulas and that there are ingredients in it that have no scientific research to back it makes us nervous about using it.
Ultimately, the choice is yours, and now you are educated enough to make the right decision for your needs and goals.