We’re here to talk to you about two popular testosterone-boosting supplements: T-Hero and Nugenix. You can learn what they are, what ingredients they contain, and if there are side effects. Plus, we discuss their prices, pros/cons, and the brand itself. Let’s get started!
Comparison at a Glance
- Use T-Hero if you want to improve your mood and build muscles. You may also boost testosterone levels, and it’s safe if you don’t have health conditions.
- Use Nugenix if you take no other supplements and have more money to spend.
If you want more in-depth info, read our full comparison below…
What Is T-Hero?
T-Hero claims that it offers advanced male health support. It also increases muscle mass and is a natural vitality and stamina booster. Overall, the mixture of ingredients improves your libido and can raise your energy levels.
What Is Nugenix?
Nugenix Total-T is a total and free testosterone booster. It claims you can boost your energy, rediscover your confidence, and restore overall wellness. Generally, it’s marketed as a way to raise libido and strength in males!
T-Hero uses these active ingredients:
Shilajit (Fulvic Acid)
Shilajit contains fulvic acid and is a mineral found primarily in the Himilayas. However, it’s also located in other mountain ranges. The ingredient is unique to T-Hero and is an excellent testosterone booster.
One study showed that the recipients of the purified Shilajit reported higher testosterone levels after just three months. Half of the volunteers (an unknown number) received a placebo, but the other half got 250 mg of the ingredient.
Ashwagandha Extract is found in Africa and India, and it’s primarily considered a medicinal herb. The company uses this ingredient in its supplement because there have been reports of mood-boosting properties.
Overall, it helps relieve your stress, and that could be a factor in low testosterone levels. In fact, one study showed that it lowered stress effectively. Still, it’s not necessary for such a supplement.
Boron can be found in many mineral deposits around the world. Its goal is to balance testosterone and estrogen production because all men need some estrogen.
Ultimately, Boron increases metabolism within the body, which turns traditional testosterone into free testosterone. This is what the body uses most.
In fact, one study in 2015 showed that people who took 6mg of Boron for one week could:
- Reduce inflammation
- Increase free testosterone by about 25 percent
- Reduce estradiol
- Free the testosterone bond with the blood proteins
BioPerine is an extract from black pepper. It can’t directly boost a man’s testosterone levels. However, it makes the other ingredients more effective and has health benefits of its own. These include:
- Increased nutrient absorption
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Anti-cancer properties
- Boosts brain function
Many scientific studies focus on BioPerine and its many benefits.
Yohimbine HCL is found in the evergreen tree bark from Africa. While it doesn’t directly promote higher testosterone levels, it’s connected to the male’s sexual performance in other ways.
Overall, it’s been used in West African medicine for many decades and is thought to raise nitric oxide levels. Some users believe it completely reverses erectile dysfunction.
That was indicated in one study of 82 impotent men. They all used Yohimbine HCL for a month. Afterward, 14 percent had restored erections and sustained them for longer periods.
Everyone has DIM in their bodies because it helps digest vegetables like spinach, broccoli, and kale. The main function here is to block the enzyme turning testosterone into estrogen.
It seems like a good choice to include, but one study indicated that the ingredient might lower sperm quality and can negatively affect testosterone. Apoptosis (programmed cell death) could also occur. While that’s necessary, it’s best when it happens when the body requires it.
Now, we can learn about the ingredients in Nugenix:
- Vitamin B6 – This is an essential vitamin required to turn consumed food into energy. It’s primarily used here because low metabolism can affect testosterone levels. One study showed that B6-deficient animals could have lower testosterone.
- Vitamin B12 – This vitamin is crucial for your diet because it promotes healthy cell generation. People with enough in their bodies feel energized, and it works great for anemia patients. One study indicated that a deficiency could lead to lower testosterone levels.
- Zinc – Zinc is an essential mineral for the body and might boost testosterone. A study shows that males with low-zinc diets might show plummeting testosterone levels after about 20 weeks. Those with higher levels of zinc raised testosterone in the body by 50 percent.
The manufacturers also list the Nugenix Free Testosterone Complex as another ingredient set. However, it’s unclear how much of each item is included. It features:
- L-Citrulline Malate – Primarily, this ingredient is used to promote energy production. One study has indicated that it can improve erectile dysfunction in animals (cats).
- Testofen – Testofen is a special Trigonella foenum-graecum extract that reduces various age-related problems. It can also boost T-levels and improve sexual function, according to one study.
- Fenugreek Extract – Fenugreek plants are found in India and North Africa. They contain high amounts of furostanolic saponins. An eight-week study showed that it increased testosterone levels and a person’s strength. Then, a 12-week study indicated that Fenugreek boosted T-levels in 90 percent of the people who took it.
- Tribulus – This is a spiny plant that produces fruit and is often considered an aphrodisiac in certain cultures. Some studies indicate that combining it with other ingredients can increase testosterone levels.
Each product has specific ingredients that are proven to boost testosterone levels. Still, things aren’t perfect.
Nugenix doesn’t list how much Fenugreek, Tribulus, Testofen, and L-Citrulline Malate are used. That’s a big red flag.
T-Hero uses Diindolylmethan, which could lower sperm count and cause unnecessary side effects. It also contains some ingredients that don’t do anything to raise T-levels.
Safety and Potential Side Effects
T-Hero Side Effects
There are a few possible side effects when taking T-Hero, such as:
- More Anger – If the supplement causes you to produce too much testosterone, this could lead to temper problems.
- Digestive Issues – Taking too much of the supplement might lead to digestive problems from the Shilajit and Yohimbine. That’s why manufacturers recommend taking one to two pills each day.
Generally, T-Hero is safe if you don’t have chronic health problems. Those with heart conditions, liver and kidney disorders, or diabetes should not take the supplement. It could lead to severe heartburn, heart palpitations, and other concerns.
Nugenix Side Effects
Nugenix contains a complex made of a patented mix of ingredients. Many of them have side effects alone and are exasperated when put together. Potential issues can include:
- Diarrhea, bloating, gas, and upset stomach
- Congestion, wheezing, coughing
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
No one knows how much of each ingredient is included in each pill. Therefore, you can’t determine if you’re taking too much zinc, B6, or others.
The reviews for T-Hero are pretty good with a few mixed reviews thrown in. Many people claim to have headaches while using the product, which stopped when the supplement left their bodies. Others had allergic reactions that weren’t severe but still annoying.
Most of the positive reviews focused on feeling livelier and more energetic. While this is a good thing, it doesn’t necessarily improve sexual function.
Customer reviews for Nugenix are primarily mixed, and they suggest that this might not be the best solution available.
Many customers claimed that it wasn’t up to expectations or did nothing. Others claim they didn’t feel stronger at the gym or see other results.
Some people said they never noticed any results, but others did and asked them about their newfound energy.
Manufacturing & Brand
Essential Elements manufactures T-Hero and is a California-based brand. It provides many wellness and dietary supplements, and T-Hero is a popular choice.
The products are FDA-compliant and NSF-Certified (National Science Foundation). Plus, all of the ingredient information is included on the website and labels, with exact amounts.
The Company Behind Nugenix
Adaptive Health LLC makes Nugenix, though it used to be called Direct Digital. This is a leading company in science-based products and has created many scientifically-based health care brands, such as Dr. Sinatra, Peptiva, and Instaflex.
There’s no specific information about FDA compliance or NSF certification, though the company is located in the United States. However, the BBB indicates 58 filed complaints against the brand within the last three years.
Price & Value for Money
T-Hero is one of the most affordable supplements available. One bottle is $39.99, and you only need a single pill each day.
There’s a discount available when you buy in bulk from the company website. You pay $29.99 for six bottles or $34.99 for three. Consider purchasing one first to test it!
Nugenix is more expensive, as a bottle of 40 pills costs $69.99. However, you can get a free 14-day trial to determine if it’s right for you.
Pros and Cons
- Could increase libido
- Helps with muscle building and gains
- No prescription required and easily available
- Promotes mental well-being
- Some ingredients don’t affect T-levels directly
- Might cause allergic reactions in some people
- Available in various shops and online stores
- Many choices available based on your needs
- Easy way to boost your T-levels
- Could interact with other medications
- Potential physical side effects
- Not available outside the US
Overall, T-Hero is the winner here. Though it’s a mood-boosting supplement before it raises testosterone levels, that can help in most cases. Still, studies indicate that some of the active ingredients might lower your testosterone levels.
However, Nugenix is more expensive, it has serious side effects, and it doesn’t describe its patented complex sufficiently. You don’t know how much of each ingredient you consume, which could cause problems down the line.