Are you feeling more sluggish than usual and finding that you’re losing your sex drive? It’s common among men of a certain age, but there’s a way to boost testosterone levels.
You don’t need a prescription, and you certainly don’t have to spend a lot of money on a supplement.
Our team has researched various testosterone supplements. This review is going to focus on Testogen vs. Prime Labs to see which one is better. Keep reading.
Testogen offers many great ingredients in its list:
- D-Aspartic Acid (2352mg) – This amino acid is designed to help the pituitary gland produce more luteinizing hormones. That stimulates your body’s Leydig cells in the testes, which produces and releases more testosterone. Testogen contains more D-Aspartic Acid in comparison to similar supplements.
- Fenugreek Extract (40mg) – Fenugreek inhibits the enzymes that make testosterone turn into estrogen because of the furostanolic saponins it contains. Studies have shown that it can boost testosterone levels and improve symptoms of low testosterone. You can improve your mood, strength, libido, and energy while burning more fat.
- Zinc (10mg) – Zinc is vital for the body to produce testosterone, and a mild deficiency could affect your levels significantly. Since most men don’t eat a diet high in zinc, there’s a chance that you don’t have high testosterone levels. When you get higher levels of zinc in your body, you can enhance your performance and energy.
- Vitamin D3 (40mcg) – Studies have shown that the right amount of Vitamin D can mean you produce enough testosterone. When you take Vitamin D with Vitamin K, boron, and magnesium, it works even better. Vitamin D can also help with your energy levels, sexual function, and mood.
- Korean Red Ginseng Extract (40mg) – Korean Red Ginseng is a popular medicinal herb used throughout the world. Studies have shown that it can boost testosterone levels, but it can also raise libido in men. On top of that, it aids in fat loss, improves cognitive function, and much more.
- Boron (8mg) – Boron can turn total testosterone into free testosterone, which gives you the most benefits. Studies show that a small amount of boron can decrease estrogen and boost testosterone levels. It also reduces the levels of SHBG so that you’re more focused and energized.
- Nettle Leaf Extract (40mg) – Stinging nettle (often found as an extract) can also prevent SHBG from being produced because of the lignans in it. Research also suggests that it can stop the testosterone in your body from turning into estrogen. Ultimately, your testosterone levels remain higher for longer periods.
- Magnesium (200mg) – Magnesium can increase total testosterone and free testosterone, though it’s best to combine it with exercise for best results. There’s a generous dose in Testogen because it also boosts energy and performance while helping you sleep at night.
- Vitamin B6 (20mg) – A deficiency in B6 has been linked to higher estrogen and lower testosterone levels. It can also promote overall well-being. The body can’t store this vitamin, so you need to consume it every day.
- Vitamin K1 (20mcg) – Vitamin K can help your body absorb all the Vitamin D within the formula. It also improves your mood and cognitive function.
- Bioperine/Piperine (5mg) – Bioperine is a form of black pepper and makes the Testogen ingredients more available and easily absorbed by your body. That way, you see better results.
Alternatively, Prime Labs has these ingredients:
- Calcium (33.28mg) – Calcium has been shown to boost testosterone levels after you’re completely exhausted, according to a test conducted on athletes.
- Horny Goat Weed – Horny Goat Weed has been seen as an aphrodisiac (gets you in the mood) and erectile aid. Though it’s from Traditional Chinese medicine, many have used it in the US for years. Still, it might not be safe.
- Tongkat Ali Extract – This herbal supplement can supposedly boost low testosterone and help with male fertility.
- Saw Palmetto Extract – This supplement works to stop the breakdown of total testosterone into estrogen. Ultimately, your body keeps the testosterone and creates less dihydrotestosterone, which stops or slows the growth of your prostate gland.
- Orchic Substance Wild Yam Extract – We’re not sure why they included this ingredient, as it is designed for menopausal women. It’s supposed to stabilize estrogen levels, but it can also increase them.
- Sarsaparilla – This herb could be turned into anabolic steroids, such as testosterone. However, it doesn’t boost what’s already in your body, and it could be a false claim.
- Nettle Extract – Stinging nettle can help boost testosterone, as shown earlier.
- Boron – Again, boron is well-known for helping with testosterone levels.
You can clearly see that some of the ingredients between Prime Labs and Testogen overlap. However, Testogen has more ingredients that research shows can raise testosterone levels.
Potential Side Effects
Testogen is made using 100 percent natural ingredients. Each one alone can’t do any damage to your system or cause adverse side effects. When you put them together into a supplement, they remain safe to consume.
As with Testogen, Prime Labs has no known side effects. All of the ingredients are natural, though some of them are designed for estrogen and not testosterone.
Most customers rave about Testogen and its benefits. People claim that they have much more energy, even after working long hours and training at the gym.
Others say that they feel much younger than their true age, and it’s all because they took Testogen.
Prime Labs also has some happy customers. However, they primarily talk about losing weight, feeling full for longer, and being more energetic.
Manufacturing & Brand
Testogen is considered a top testosterone booster on the market. It’s manufactured by Wolfson Berg. This reportable supplement manufacturer is in the USA and UK. The facility is FDA-approved, and the brand tests all of its ingredients before adding them to the supplement.
Prime Labs is the manufacturer of Prime Labs Prime Test. We’re not sure how we feel about a manufacturer promoting its own line of supplements.
Price and Value for Money
When you consider the price of each product, you’ve got to focus on the value for money. Testogen costs $59.99 a month. However, you can get discounts if you buy two or three months in advance. You also have a money-back guarantee, free shipping, and the product only contains premium and proven ingredients. There are also Testogen combinations to purchase, such as a bottle of Testogen and the Testo-drops.
Prime Labs Prime Test is much less expensive at $19.99. You have to take two pills each day to get the full effects. Though it doesn’t cost as much, you also don’t get anything backed by science. While a few of the ingredients show up in Testogen, most of them are regular supplement ingredients that might or might not boost testosterone.
Ultimately, Testogen costs a lot more than Prime Labs. However, it offers more value for money and is more likely to boost your testosterone levels with regular use.
Stand out Features
- Testogen – Backed by Clinical Research: Every ingredient in Testogen offers research papers or clinical studies. Some of the ingredients in Prime Lab are more for estrogen than testosterone.
- Testogen – More Ingredients: With Testogen, there are 11 ingredients in the supplement. However, Prime Labs contains fewer ingredients, and most of them aren’t as well-known.
Pros and Cons of Each Product
- 11 natural ingredients included
- 100-percent all-natural formula
- Has studies to back up why the ingredients are chosen
- No hidden ingredients
- Requires you to take four pills each day
- More expensive than Prime Labs (but you’re more likely to see results)
Prime Labs Pros:
- Can help to boost energy and strength (which might help testosterone levels)
- Build leaner muscles
- Improve your mood
Prime Lab Cons:
- No amounts for ingredients chosen
- Insufficient data to back up why they incorporated those ingredients
Testogen vs. Prime Labs: The Winner
We feel that Testogen wins because it is designed specifically for men suffering from low testosterone. Though it costs more, there are more ingredients, and they’re proven to be effective. Testogen showcases case studies and research to help you understand why it’s the best choice.
Which Is Best for a Particular Buyer
- Use Testogen if you:
- Want to increase testosterone levels
- Like taking one supplement that does a lot for you (improve mood, increase cognitive function, etc.)
- Prefer to use safe, all-natural ingredients
- Use Prime Labs if you:
- Are focused more on optimizing your physical performance (energy, stamina)
- Want to build leaner and stronger muscles
- Improve your mood, increase circulation in the body, and perform activities better