We all have this idea that in order to lose weight we’ll join the gym and begin eating healthier starting on Monday. And although that is an excellent way to get fit and improve our health, most of us end up getting discouraged too quickly, and give up. We either get bored by it, or we don’t seem to get the wanted results, at least not in the time frame we envisioned, and we lose our motivation.
Other than quitting smoking and eating healthier, exercise is the best single thing you can do for your body and your health in general. However, we shouldn’t look at exercise as a weight loss tool but as a way to stay healthy and fit, provided we incorporate a healthy diet as well.
A healthy diet and exercise go together like peanut butter and jelly! As long as you focus on both, they can help you live a longer, healthier and happier life.
Since both exercise and dieting play a big role in improving our physical fitness and our health in general, we are here to give you a few simple extra steps you can take to maximise fat loss and make sure you stay lean and healthy using nutrition and exercise.
Related: How to restart weight loss after a gastric bypass
How to Maximise Fat Loss with Nutrition
We all know that nutrition plays a huge role in our health and our fitness, and it impacts many other aspects of our lives as well.
Once we adopt a healthy eating pattern, we learn to live a healthier, happier and more active lifestyle, which eventually leads to weight loss. The hard part is earning to use food as our medicine, adopting healthier habits, and changing the lifestyle we’ve become so accustomed to over the years.
In order to achieve that, you’ll need some help figuring out which practices offer the best results and that’s exactly what we’re here for.
Here are 10 of the best ways to achieve your wanted results using nutrition:
- Boost your metabolism naturally by implementing the following ingredients in your daily diet: apples, nuts and seeds, whole grains, fatty fish, water, coffee, green tea and yogurt.
- Eat healthy fats, such as peanut butter, olive oil, avocado, dark chocolate, nuts, fatty fish and eggs.
- Eat nutritionally dense superfoods, like: oats, apples, blueberries, flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, dark leafy greens, garlic, and kefir daily.
- Avoid eating fast-digesting carbs.
- Increase your protein intake.
- Don’t eat carbs by themselves. Instead mix them in with a small portion of fat or protein.
- Skip eating carbs before bed.
- Eat more small meals, rather than a couple big meals a day.
- Eat protein pre-workout instead of carbs.
- Never skip meals.
On a related note, supplements are very popular and many believe that they are a great way to boost the metabolism and increase your testosterone (especially good for men). It’s worth reading some of the reviews on the site for an idea about how good these supplements are. You can read our Proactol XS review to find out more about that popular supplement.
Now that we’ve covered the most important points on nutrition when it comes to weight loss and burning fat, it’s time to take another equally important factor in staying fit and healthy, and that of course is exercise.
Related: Should you eat egg whites or whole eggs for weight loss?
How to Maximise Fat Loss with Exercise
Although as we mentioned before, exercise shouldn’t be seen as a way to lose weight, but as a way to stay fit and healthy and live a long and healthy life, there’s no denying the fact that it’s when we combine both exercise and nutrition that we get the best weight loss results that we can get.
Some of the ways to achieve your weight loss goal faster and maintain your weight include:
- Timing your exercises right. You should find the right period of the day that works best for you and make that the designated time of day for working out. You shouldn’t pressure yourself into a regimen that doesn’t work for you or your schedule, in order to get the optimal results and exercise with joy.
- Do moderate to intense cardio, which means working out a bit harder than you’re used to but without overworking yourself.
- Do cardio half an hour before your first meal of the day, to insure optimal fat burning.
- Don’t overwork yourself, train until you’re tired but not exhausted.
- Never sacrifice your sleep, and make sure you always get a good night’s rest so that you can have a successful and productive day when you wake up.
- Do interval training, incorporating high intensity training with recovery periods.
- Exercise regularly, forcing your body to adaptto the conditions and improving your circulation, which increases your ability to burn fat and build muscle.
- Make exercise a priority.
- Schedule your exercises so that you can stick to your routineand plan your day accordingly.
- Lift weights to increase fat burn.
There’s no denying the fact that in order to burn fat, you’ll need to put in a lot of work. You’ll need to make some tough changes to your lifestyle and learn to live without some of the things you used to love so much.
If you feel very motivated, you can start out by doing these exercises alone. However, if you find motivating yourself hard, you can also try out getting a gym buddy. It’s a lot easier to stay motivated if you go to the gym with someone else.
If that doesn’t appeal, check out your local gym to see what classes they have on. Pick the classes you like and stick them in your schedule each week.
Alternatively, you can find local sports clubs in your area and see if anything takes your fancy.
You might want to work with a personal trainer because then you will really have someone to push and motivate you all the time. Also, they’re not the cheapest so you will definitely not want to miss any sessions!
A quick Google search for personal trainer prices in London shows you they’re between £40 and £60 a session. If you’re in LA, it’s more like $60 to $100 per session.
Although there’s no magic pill that can help you achieve the goals you’ve envisioned, if you follow these few simple steps, you’ll be on your way to getting as fit and healthy as you can be in the shortest amount of time.
If you’re a male aged 30 or over, you might like to look at these top 5 vitamins that may help improve your health.